About this recipe:
Delicious scones are easy to bake in just 12-15 minutes using Organic Plain White Flour and baking powder. Perfect served with cream and jam as part of your afternoon tea.
large baking tray, round pastry cutter and 2 x mixing bowls
200g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
4 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
1 tbsp sugar
flour, for dusting
milk, for brushing
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Dust a large baking tray with flour.
- Measure the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, stir to combine and sieve into a mixing bowl.
- Stir the sugar into the bowl.
- Chop the butter into small cubes, add them to the bowl and using a fork, blend everything together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Pour most of the milk into the bowl and stir to form a soft slightly sticky dough. If this does not happen easily add the remaining milk.
- Gather together the dough to form a soft, slightly sticky, mass.
- Lightly dust the work top with flour, place the dough in the middle and lightly dust the top with flour.
- Gently flatten the dough with your hands to 3cm/1¼” thick.
- Press a round pastry cutter or upturned coffee cup into the dough to cut out circles.
- Gather the off-cuts into a ball of dough, gently flatten and cut out further circles.
- Brush the top of the scones with some milk.
- Lift the dough circles onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer the scones to a wire rack to cool.