Great for dinner party or special meal this torte, a rich chocolate mousse on an indulgent biscuit base, is best made in advance. The biscuit base will be happy in the fridge for a day, as will the assembled torte or it can be made and frozen until required.
|175 g||Digestive Biscuits|
|50 g||Plain Chocolate|
|200 ml||Double Cream|
|125 g||Plain Chocolate|
|2 tbsps||Amaretto or Orange Juice|
|100 g||Golden Syrup|
1. Crush the biscuits into crumbs then set aside.
2. Gently melt together the butter and chocolate.
3. Stir in the biscuit crumb.
4. Oil a 20cm / 8” round dish and press the biscuit mixture into the bottom. Chill until required.
5. To make the topping put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl resting over a pan of boiling water and stir until melted.
6. Remove from the heat & stir in the Amaretto or orange juice and golden syrup.
7. In another bowl beat the cream until thick.
8. Stir in the chocolate mixture.
9. Pour into the biscuit base and chill before serving.
Temperature & cooking time:
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.