Courgette, Goats Cheese and Brown Rice Flour Fritters
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
These tasty fritters are ideal for lunch or midweek supper or you could make many smaller fritters for serving as a snack. You can use left-over bread or cornflakes to make your own breadcrumbs. Wrap and freeze any left-over fritters, to enjoy on another day.
frying pan, baking dish and 4 x mixing bowls
100g Doves Farm Organic Brown Rice Flour
75g goats cheese
pinch of salt and pepper
4 tbsp flour
oil, for frying
- Coarsely grate the courgette, squeeze out any excess liquid and put it into a bowl.
- Add the rice flour and stir until well combined.
- Crumble the cheese into the bowl, season with salt and pepper and stir until everything is combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 piles.
- Form each pile into a 75mm/3” diameter fritter.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat well.
- Measure the flour into another bowl.
- Put the breadcrumbs into a third bowl.
- One by one, dip the fritters into the flour bowl, turning them so they are covered with flour.
- Dip the floured fritter into the egg bowl covering them in egg.
- Lastly dip the fritter into the breadcrumb bowl making sure they are coated all over with the crumb.
- Lay the crumbed fritters on a plate and chill until ready to cook.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Carefully add the fritters to the pan and cook until the base is golden brown, about 6- 8 minutes.
- Turn the fritters over and cook until the other side is also golden.
- Transfer the fritters to a dish and cover to keep warm.
- Cook any remaining fritters.