Wild Garlic Tart
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
A rather special, savoury, tart that combines foraged wild garlic leaves with light, crisp, flaky pastry or vegan flaky pastry.
mixing bowl, large baking tray and large pan
250g wild garlic leaves
400g flaky pastry
flour, for dusting
salt and pepper
oil, for tray
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a large baking tray.
- Wash the garlic leaves removing any thick stalks and drain well.
- Put the butter into a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the wild garlic, cover and cook until wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat.
- Dust the work surface with flour and roll out the pastry into a 28cm/11” circle.
- Working around the outside, lift up the pastry pinching it every 2cm/¾”so that it stands up forming an edge outside to the circle.
- Carefully transfer the pastry to the baking tray.
- Chop the wilted leaves into a mixing bowl.
- Grate the cheese into the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Tip into the middle of the pastry and spread it out to the edges, pinching the pastry as necessary to contain the leaves.
- Chill for 5 minutes or until the oven has reached temperature.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.