Coconut Chocolate Courgette Cake
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 15cm/6” deep, round, loose bottom cake tin or insert a baking liner.
- Finely grate the courgette into a sieve and leave it in the sink to drain off excess liquid.
- Measure the coconut flour, cocoa, baking powder, xanthan gum and coffee powder into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar or xylitol and stir to combine.
- Break the eggs into another mixing bowl and beat well.
- Add the oil and vanilla extract and beat again.
- Squeeze the courgette to expel excess water, add the pulp to the bowl and mix well.
- Add the prepared coconut flour blend to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces.
- Heat the cream until bubbles just start to appear then remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate pieces to the cream and stir gently.
- Spread the topping over the top and sides of the cold cake.
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4