Teff Chocolate Chip Cookies
About this recipe:
Teff flour bakes a great chocolate chip cookie which might not last in the cookie jar for long.
2 x baking trays and 2 x mixing bowls
100g Doves Farm Organic Teff Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
75g butter (or vegan spread)
1 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g dark chocolate chips
oil, for trays
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of two baking trays or insert baking liners.
- Measure the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Chop the butter into a mixing bowl, add the sugar and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the water and vanilla extract.
- Sieve the prepared flour into the bowl and beat well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture into ten small piles of dough.
- Roll each pile of dough into a ball.
- Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to expand.
- Flatten the dough balls slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.