Chickpea Flour Cauliflower Pakora Fritters
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
These vegetable fritters are a great snacking food or starter and go well with chutney or tomato sauce. The fritters will re-heat or freeze well making them a convenient tea or supper time dish.
frying pan, kitchen paper, baking tray and 2 x mixing bowls
500ml boiling water
125g Doves Farm Organic Chickpea Flour
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp Doves Farm Bicarbonate of Soda
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp salt
100ml cold water
oil, for frying
- Line a baking tray with a few pieces of kitchen paper and set aside.
- Chop the cauliflower into 1cm/½” cubes and put them in a bowl.
- Cover with boiling water and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Put the flour, cumin, coriander, turmeric, bicarbonate of soda, pepper and salt into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the cold water and beat to a smooth thick batter.
- Tip the cauliflower into a colander and drain the water away.
- Add the cauliflower to the batter and stir so that it is covered in batter.
- Put some oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Carefully drop spoonful’s of the cauliflower batter into the pan and cook until the base and sides of the pakora is golden, about 7-10 minutes.
- Turn the pakoras over and cook until the other side is also golden.
- Transfer the fritters to a dish and cover to keep warm.
- Repeat with any remaining cauliflower batter.