Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Stuffed mushrooms could be the star of the show at a mid-week supper or a vegetable compliment to your meal. We used large Portobello mushrooms and Homemade Breadcrumbs.
mixing bowl and oven tray
100g fresh breadcrumbs
1 small onion
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
100g cheddar, grated
¼ tsp thyme
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
4 large flat mushrooms
grated parmesan, to top
oil, for tray
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Put the breadcrumbs into a mixing bowl.
- Finely dice the onion, garlic and parsley into the bowl.
- Add the grated cheddar, thyme, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Break the egg into the bowl, add the olive oil and mix everything together well.
- Rub some oil around the inside of an oven tray.
- Wipe off any dirt on the mushrooms with kitchen paper and stand them stalk upwards on the tray.
- Divide the stuffing between the mushrooms pressing well into the cap.
- Sprinkle a little grated parmesan over the mushrooms.
- Bake for 55–60 minutes.