How to Make Fresh Breadcrumbs
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Breadcrumbs are best made using day old bread and can be a handy way of using up the last few slices of a loaf although crusts should be avoided. If not using fresh breadcrumbs immediately you could turn them into Home Made Dried Breadcrumbs or Cheesy Breadcrumb Pangratatto. Store leftover breadcrumbs in the freezer until required or for making Queen of Puddings or Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms.
white bread OR wholemeal bread
- Slice off the bread crusts, save large pieces for toasting and dispose of the rest.
- Cut the bread into slices and then into chunks.
- Using your fingers break the chunks into crumbs or put the bread into a food processor and pulse until an even crumb size is reached.
- Use the fresh breadcrumb in your recipe.
- Store fresh breadcrumbs in a re-sealable bag and store in the freezer for up to three months. Bring breadcrumbs back to room temperature before using.
- Or make Dried Breadcrumbs.