Heritage Seeded Bread Flour Cheese Scones
About this recipe:
You could enjoy these cheesy seeded scones as a savoury, tea time treat spread with butter or cream cheese. Alternatively serve warm Heritage Seeded Bread Flour Cheese scones with a bowl of your favourite soup for a comforting lunch or supper dish.
large baking tray and 2 x mixing bowls
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
275g Doves Farm Organic Heritage Seeded Bread Flour
4 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
oil, for tray
milk, for brushing
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil inside a large baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Break the egg into a bowl.
- Add the milk, olive oil, salt and pepper and beat well.
- Put the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir really well to combine.
- Coarsely grate the cheese, set aside a tablespoon of grated cheese for later, tip the rest into the flour and stir to mix.
- Add the prepared milk and stir to form a soft mass of dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces, roll each into a ball and place it on the baking tray.
- Brush the top of the scones with milk.
- Scatter the reserved cheese over the scones.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes until golden brown.