Festive Wreath Fridge Cake
About this recipe:
A spectacular festive wreath no-bake cake made with wholemeal digestive biscuits, chocolate, dried fruits and nuts all shaped into a circle. You could also use mini marshmallows or small chocolates, depending on what you find in your cupboard. Children of all ages love helping to make and decorate this type of cake.
savarin ring mould, large baking tray, 18cm/7” mixing bowls and saucepan.
DIGESTIVE BISCUIT FRIDGE CAKE
200g Doves Farm Organic Digestive Biscuits
75g dried cranberries
175g plain chocolate
butter, for mould or bowl
CHOCOLATE FRUIT AND NUT DECORATION
75g nuts and dried fruits
125g milk chocolate
100g double cream
Digestive Biscuit Fridge Cake
- Rub some butter around the inside of a savarin mould OR rub some butter around the outside of an 18cm/7” wide mixing bowl and place it upside down on a buttered baking tray.
- Crush the biscuits into small pieces into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cranberries.
- Gently melt together the plain chocolate and butter.
- Pour this into the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Tip the mixture into the savarin mould spreading it out evenly and smoothing the top. OR tip it onto the baking tray, pressing and shaping it into a circle around the inverted bowl.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has set.
Chocolate Fruit and Nut Decoration
- Gently turn out the biscuit cake onto a chopping board.
- Select the fruits and nuts for the topping and lay them out on a plate, as you intend to place them on the cake.
- Break the milk chocolate into a bowl.
- Put the double cream into a saucepan and heat until almost boiling.
- Remove from the heat, add the milk chocolate and stir until dissolved.
- Leave to cool, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Spread the chocolate all over the digestive biscuit cake.
- Before the chocolate sets, transfer the prepared fruit and nut decoration onto the cake, piece by piece.
- Leave until set before slicing.