Digestive Biscuit Fridge Cake
- Rub some butter around the inside of a savarin mould OR rub some butter around the outside of an 18cm/7” wide mixing bowl and place it upside down on a buttered baking tray.
- Crush the biscuits into small pieces into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cranberries.
- Gently melt together the plain chocolate and butter.
- Pour this into the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Tip the mixture into the savarin mould spreading it out evenly and smoothing the top. OR tip it onto the baking tray, pressing and shaping it into a circle around the inverted bowl.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has set.
Chocolate Fruit and Nut Decoration
- Gently turn out the biscuit cake onto a chopping board.
- Select the fruits and nuts for the topping and lay them out on a plate, as you intend to place them on the cake.
- Break the milk chocolate into a bowl.
- Put the double cream into a saucepan and heat until almost boiling.
- Remove from the heat, add the milk chocolate and stir until dissolved.
- Leave to cool, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Spread the chocolate all over the digestive biscuit cake.
- Before the chocolate sets, transfer the prepared fruit and nut decoration onto the cake, piece by piece.
- Leave until set before slicing.
savarin ring mould, large baking tray, 18cm/7” mixing bowls and saucepan.