Chocolate Cheesecake using Wholemeal Digestive Biscuits
About this recipe:
Wholemeal Digestive biscuits make the perfect base for this baked cheesecake which will have a rustic top. Serve small slices of this decadent dessert with a cup of coffee or drizzled with cream at the end of a meal.
8”/20cm round dish or loose-bottomed tin, kitchen blender and mixing bowls
DIGESTIVE BISCUIT BASE
75g butter, melted
150g Doves Farm Organic Digestive Biscuits
butter, for dish
100g plain chocolate
150g caster sugar
2 tbsp vanilla extract
raspberries or toasted almonds, to serve
170°C, Fan 150°C, 325°F, Gas 3
Digestive Biscuit Base
- Gently melt the butter.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a 8”/20cm round dish or loose-bottomed tin or insert a baking liner.
- Crush the digestive biscuits into fine crumbs in a kitchen blender.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Spread out the mixture and smooth the top.
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Gently melt the chocolate.
- Put the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Break the egg into the bowl and beat well.
- Beat in the melted chocolate.
- Pour onto the prepared biscuit base and spread out.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the mixture is just set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
- Refrigerate when cold.
- Before serving run a warm knife around the rim of the tin and carefully push the cheesecake out of the tin and decorate with a few raspberries or toasted almonds.