Wholemeal Soda Bread
About this recipe:
This yeast free bread is one of the easiest and quickest breads to make, and is baked on a baking tray.
baking tray, measuring jug and 2 x mixing bowls
500g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Bread Flour
2 tsp Doves Farm Bicarbonate of Soda
pinch of salt
50ml boiling water
150ml cold water
250ml natural yoghurt
flour, for dusting
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Dust a baking tray with flour.
- Measure the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl, stir well to combine and sieve into a mixing bowl. Tip any bran left in the sieve into the bowl.
- Measure the boiling water into a jug and add the cold water.
- Add the yoghurt and stir to combine.
- Pour this into the mixing bowl and stir everything together to make a soft, sticky, dough mass.
- Place the dough on the prepared baking tray.
- Dust the top of the loaf with flour.
- Bake for 50 minutes.