Teff Injera Flatbreads
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
These flatbreads are made with a sourdough batter that is only cooked on one side. Traditionally made in Ethiopia and known as enjera or injera, their typically spongy appearance is great for soaking up spicy sauces.
frying pan and 2 x mixing bowls
200g Doves Farm Organic Teff Flour
oil, for pan
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl, add the water and beat well to make a batter.
- Invert another bowl over the batter and leave in a warm place until the batter becomes swollen and spongy, about 24 hours.
- Lightly oil a non-stick frying pan and put it over a medium heat.
- Pour a quarter of the batter into the pan, rolling the pan to spread out the batter.
- Cook over a medium heat as bubbles appear across the surface and until the top is set which will take about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the injera to a plate and cover with a clean tea towel.
- Repeat until the batter is used.