Wholemeal Pancakes Filled with Apple Sauce
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
A delicious thin wholemeal pancake of the crepe or blintze variety, filled and rolled with apple compote sauce. These pancake rolls can be made in advance and chilled or frozen, simply bake and serve them when you are ready.
frying pan, saucepan, oven proof dish and large mixing bowl
100g Doves Farm Organic Fine Plain Wholemeal Flour
¼ tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
oil, for frying
50g soft brown sugar
2 tbsp water
2 tsp cinnamon
butter, for dish
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Put the flour and baking powder into a large bowl or jug and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and half the milk, beat to a smooth paste then stir in the remaining milk.
- Lightly oil a frying pan so that the oil just covers the surface and get the pan nice and hot.
- Stir the batter then spoon or pour some into the hot pan, rolling it out to the edges.
- Cook the pancake, loosening the edges, until the base is golden.
- Turn it over and cook the other side.
- Turn out the pancakes onto a plate.
- Repeat until the batter is used.
- Peel, core and chop the apples into a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and water.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the apple starts to collapse.
- Add the butter and cinnamon and cook for another minute.
To Assemble the Pancakes
- Divide the apple sauce between the pancakes.
- Roll the pancakes around the filling, tucking in the edges and serve immediately.
- To serve later, rub some butter around the inside of an oven proof dish, add the rolled pancakes and dot with butter.
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Bake the prepared pancakes for 20-25 minutes.