No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
A delicious seasonal brandy custard, served warm this is an ideal accompaniment to Christmas Pudding. Alternatively, pour into small dishes, chill and enjoy. The brandy in this boozy sauce could be swapped for spiced rum and for a vegan version use any type of plant milk.
measuring jug, saucepan and mixing bowl
350ml milk or plant milk
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Doves Farm Organic Cornflour
3 tbsp brandy
- Measure the milk into a saucepan then remove five tablespoons of the milk to a bowl.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract to the saucepan.
- Heat the pan of milk, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the milk almost to the boil then take it off the heat.
- Add the cornflour to the bowl of cold milk stirring to make a smooth paste.
- Pour half of the warm milk onto the paste stirring as you do this.
- Tip the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Return the pan to the heat and stir as the custard thickens.
- Allow the custard to bubble gently and cook for a minute while stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the brandy.
- Pour the custard into a jug and serve.