1. Mix together flour, salt, egg and milk to form a batter.
2. Put the fat, or oil, into a large 25x30cm/10x12" deep oven tray.
3. Alternatively smear the fat around the cavities of a tart or muffin tray.
4. Heat the tray in a pre heated oven until the fat is very hot.
5. Carefully remove the oven tray and place it over direct heat.
6. Quickly pour in the batter or spoon it into the tray cavities.
7. Return the oven tray to the oven.
8. Bake in a pre heated oven, large Yorkshires for 30/35 minutes and small ones for 10/15 minutes.
Rate this recipe using the review button below, or click here to discuss it in our forum.
Temperature & cooking time:
220ºC/Fan 200ºC/425ºF/Gas 7 for large 30/35 minutes or small 15/20 minutes
Without Nuts, Organic.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.