The best pastry is thrown together quickly and rolled or pressed into the baking dish for fillings to be added such as those suggested below. Pastry trimmings, a ball of unused pastry dough or a pastry lined dish will freeze well for use at a later date.
|200 g||Plain Wholemeal Flour or Wholemeal Spelt Flour|
|100 g||Softened butter|
|3 tbsps||Cold Water |
- Put the flour and butter into a large bowl.
- Using a fork mash the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the water and quickly bring the pastry together into a slightly sticky ball of dough.(Add a few more drops of water if this does not happen easily)
- Wrap in film and rest pastry for at least 15 minutes.
- Put the pastry out on a floured surface or between two pieces of film.
- Roll out the pastry to the desired thickness and size or simply press the pastry into your baking dish using your fingers.
- Cut away any pastry that hangs over the edge of your dish and bake according to your recipe.
Temperature & cooking time:
Bake according to your recipe
Without Nuts, Without Soya, Vegetarian, Wholegrain, Organic.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.