No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
White sauce, sometimes referred to as Béchamel sauce, can be served on its own and is also the basis for making parsley sauce, mushroom sauce, onion sauce. This is an all in one stirring method for sauce making rather than the ‘roux method’ of cooking together butter and flour before adding milk.
50g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
salt and pepper
- Measure the flour, butter and milk into a saucepan.
- Put the pan over a medium heat and stir as it heats.
- Continue stirring as the sauce thickens and comes to the boil.
- Allow to boil gently and cook for a minute while still stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.