Vegan Soda Bread
About this recipe:
Use your favourite vegan milk to bake this easy to bake bread. It’s quick and easy to make as there is no kneading or leaving the dough to prove. For best results, mix and sieve the dry ingredients well.
baking tray and mixing bowl
350ml vegan milk
1 tbsp white vinegar
250g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
250g Doves Farm Organic Strong Wholemeal Bread Flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp Doves Farm Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp salt
flour, for tray
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6
- Measure the vegan milk into a jug, stir in the vinegar, cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Scatter some flour on a large baking tray and pre-heat the oven.
- Put the white and wholemeal flours, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl, stir to combine then sieve it all into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the prepared milk into the bowl and stir to make a slightly sticky dough.
- Tip the dough onto the prepared baking tray sprinkle a little flour on top and use your hands to mould it into a football or rugby ball shape.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.