Vegan Omelette Batter
- Put the gram flour, salt and pepper into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the water and oil and beat to a smooth, runny batter. The batter can be refrigerated for up to 12 hours before using.
Pea and Pepper Filling
- Dice the pepper into cubes.
- Put some oil into a frying pan over a medium
- Add the peppers and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop the spring onions and add it to the pan.
- Add the peas and water, cover and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Vegan Pea and Pepper Omelette
- Stir the prepared batter, add the pea and pepper filling and stir again.
- Lightly oil the pan and put it over a medium heat.
- Tip the mixture back into the pan.
- Cover and cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes until the base is golden and slightly crispy and the top is fully set with a few air holes.
- Scatter basil over the top and serve.