- Pre-heat the oven.
- Dice the onion and put into a frying pan, add the olive oil and put over a medium heat.
- Chop the leeks, celery and red pepper into chunks, slice the courgette and add these to the pan.
- Finely dice the garlic and chilli and add them to the pan with the thyme and coriander.
- Cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they collapse.
- Season with salt and pepper, then tip everything into a 1½lt/2½pt oven proof dish.
Vegan Wholemeal Dumplings
- Measure the flour and suet into a mixing bowl.
- Chop the parsley into the bowl, add the salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the water and stir to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 or 9 pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Place the dough balls on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until the dumplings are lightly browned on top.
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4