Tomato and Mozzarella Pizza
About this recipe:
This traditional classic is a great tea-time treat.
2 x large baking trays, 2 mixing bowls and clean tea towel
250g Doves Farm Organic Strong White Bread Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
½ tsp salt
150ml tepid water
2 tbsp olive oil
oil, for tin
TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA TOPPING
400g fresh tomatoes
2 large mozzarella balls
4 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
- Put the flour, yeast, and salt into a large bowl and blend them together.
- Stir in the water, and when everything looks craggy and lumpy, stir in two spoons of oil.
- Using your hands gather everything together into a doughy mass.
- Knead dough in the bowl for 100 presses.
- Invert another the bowl over the top and leave it in a warm place, for the dough to double in size, which will take about an hour. The dough can rest longer if necessary.
- Rub some oil around the inside of two baking trays and pre-heat the oven.
- Knead the dough for another 100 presses.
- Divide the dough in two, gently stretch each piece into a 30cm/12’’circle and lay one onto each of the prepared baking trays.
Tomato and Mozzarella Topping
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella then spread them over the dough circles.
- Cover loosely with a clean tea towel and leave in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tea towel, drizzle two spoons of oil over each pizza and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and top with fresh basil as the pizza comes out of the oven.