Deep Pan Pizza Base
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 28x30cm baking tray.
- Weigh the pizza mix into a large bowl, add the tepid water and oil into and stir to a thick paste.
- Tip the paste onto the prepared tray and spread it to the edges with a spatula.
- Leave in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Using a fork, prick all over the pizza base.
- Pre-bake for 25 minutes.
Tomato and Mozzarella Topping
- Finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Put the oil into a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan.
- Add the herbs, pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and simmer gently to reduce the quantity by half.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven and cover it with the tomato sauce.
- Grate or slice the mozzarella over the top of the pizza.
- Bake for a further 12 minutes. Scatter over the fresh basil.
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7