Teff and Smashed Pea Pancakes
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
We whizz up these savoury, vegan and pea protein pancakes in seconds and we usually serve them with mayonnaise and a squeeze of lemon juice although tomato ketchup is also popular. Children love these too, made into smaller bite-sized pancakes.
kitchen blender, frying pan and mixing bowl
300g frozen peas
300ml boiling water
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
50g Doves Farm Organic Teff Flour
2 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
¾ tsp salt
¾ tsp ground pepper
50g vegan butter, for frying pan
lemon wedges, to serve
vegan mayonnaise or ketchup, to serve
- Put the frozen peas into a bowl, cover with the boiling water and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Chop the fresh parsley and mint.
- Drain the peas, saving 100ml of liquid for later, and put the peas into a food processor.
- Measure the teff flour, baking powder, salt and pepper into a bowl, stir to combine and tip this into the food processor.
- Add the saved pea soaking water.
- Pulse to mix, leaving visible pea pieces.
- Put half of the butter into a frying pan over a gentle heat.
- Spoon three piles of the pea mix into the pan and cook until the top is starting to dry, and the base is golden about 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the pancakes over and cook the other side.
- Remove cooked pancakes and keep them warm.
- Put the remaining butter into the pan and make three more pancakes with the remaining mixture.
- Serve the pea pancakes warm with lemon wedges and mayonnaise or ketchup.