Sticky Peanut Butter Cake
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 20x25cm/8x10" baking dish or insert a baking liner.
- Put the dates and boiling water into a bowl, mash into a paste and set aside.
- Put the flour and baking powder into another bowl and mix well.
- Measure the peanut butter and brown sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Beat in the eggs and treacle.
- Stir in the prepared dates.
- Sieve in the flour and mix together well.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking tray, spreading it into the corners.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Turn the cake onto a wire rack to cool.
Peanut Butter Topping
- Put the peanut butter, butter and vanilla into a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Stir in half the icing sugar, then the second half.
- Spread the topping over the cold cake.
- Using the prongs of a fork, make lines in the icing.
- When set, cut the cake into 12-15 pieces.
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6