Gluten Free Vegan Buckwheat Blini Pancakes
- Put the buckwheat flour, chickpea flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve into a mixing bowl or jug.
- Add half the milk and beat into a smooth paste.
- Beat in the remaining milk.
- Put a little oil into a large frying pan, roll it around to cover the surface and heat until the pan is nice and hot.
- Drop teaspoons of batter into the pan to make small blinis.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the blini and the base is golden turn it over and cook the other side. Transfer cooked blinis to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
Hummus and Red Pepper Topping
- Wipe the oil from the red peppers with kitchen paper.
- Finely dice the peppers into a bowl.
- Add the hummus and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper as required.
- Divide the mixture between the cold blinis.
- Put a small mint leaf on the top of each blini before serving.