Einkorn Slow Rise Bread
About this recipe:
Made in a two-stage mixing and long rising process, which creates a pleasing rustic style loaf with intense flavour. This no-knead loaf will become very sticky if kneaded.
1kg/2lb loaf tin and 2 x mixing bowls
250g Doves Farm Organic Einkorn Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
250ml tepid water
100ml tepid water
200g Doves Farm Organic Einkorn Flour
½ tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
oil, for tin
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
- Put the flour and yeast into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the water and stir into a slack dough.
- Invert a large bowl over the paste and leave in a warm place for 12-16 hours.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 1kg/2lb loaf tin or insert a baking liner.
- Add the water to the Einkorn sponge and stir into a thick batter.
- Add the flour and yeast and stir to combine.
- While still craggy and lumpy, sprinkle on the salt and mix into a sticky dough and starts to come together. Do not overmix or knead the dough.
- Sprinkle the oil over the dough, run a spatula around the outside of the dough and turn it gently over a couple of times so the dough mass is covered in oil.
- Gently tip the dough into the loaf tin.
- Invert a large bowl over the tin and leave it in a warm place for the dough to swell almost filling the tin, about 1-4 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven 20 minutes before you start baking.
- Remove the bowl and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Turn out the loaf and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Cool completely before slicing.