Almond Ricciarelli Cookies
About this recipe:
These little almond macaroons with a chewy centre are a traditional Italian cookie that are very quick and easy to make and keep well. Serve ricciarelli cookies with coffee, as a treat at the end of a meal, or parcel some up as a special gift for someone.
large baking tray, mixing bowl, plate and metal spoon
150g icing sugar
25g Doves Farm Organic Pasta Flour
½ tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
200g ground almonds
2 egg whites
pinch of Doves Farm Vitamin C
1 tsp vanilla extract
icing sugar to dust
oil, for tray
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a large baking tray.
- Measure the icing sugar, flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve it into another bowl.
- Stir in the ground almonds.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar onto a plate for dusting later.
- Put the egg whites and vitamin C into another bowl and beat until stiff.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Tip a quarter of the flour and almond mixture into the egg white and cut and fold it in using a metal spoon, taking care not to overmix.
- Cut and fold the remaining flour and almond mixture in 3 batches to make a soft paste.
- Take teaspoons of the paste and drop them onto the prepared icing sugar plate.
- Roll each into a ball in the icing sugar and transfer them to the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the tray.
- Store the cold cookies in a tin.