About this recipe:
This recipe makes one large family-sized crumble, but you might like to divide the rhubarb and crumble topping between two smaller dishes – one to eat now and one to freeze for another day.
1 large or 2 smaller oven dishes and mixing bowl
300g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
200g brown sugar (or coconut, muscovado or demerara)
2 tbsp porridge oats
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Chop the rhubarb into 15mm/1” lengths and put it into a large oven dish or two smaller ones.
- Sprinkle over the sugar.
- Squeeze the orange, add the juice to the dish and stir to combine.
- Put the flour and brown sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Slice the butter into small cubes, add them to the bowl and using a fork, roughly mix it into the flour to create lumpy ‘breadcrumbs’.
- Tip the mixture over the prepared fruit.
- Scatter the oats over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.