Quinoa Flour Red Wine Gravy
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
This grown-up gravy can add an extra dimension to an otherwise simple supper. It is also a great way to use up the last bit of wine in a bottle. For a vegan red wine gravy, gently cook the onion in olive oil.
saucepan, large mixing bowl and stick blender
1 red onion
2 tbsp Doves Farm Organic Quinoa Flour
100ml red wine
salt and pepper
- Finely dice the onion into a saucepan.
- Add the butter and put the pan over a gentle heat.
- When the butter has melted shake the pan, cover and cook gently for 5 minutes or until the onion softens without browning.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Measure the flour into a large mixing bowl, add the wine and mix into a smooth, thin paste.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour half the liquid into the paste.
- Stir and return everything to the saucepan.
- Continue cooking over a gentle heat, stirring as the sauce thickens.
- Simmer gently for 2 minutes for the flour to cook.
- Using a stick blender, pulse the gravy until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce into a jug or gravy dish.