Quinoa Pizza Base
- Spread some oil around the inside of a large baking tray.
- Put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt into a bowl and blend them together.
- Add the water and stir into a smooth thick paste.
- Stir in the oil.
- Spread the paste into a 25cm/10” circle on the prepared baking tray and leave to rise in a warm place for 60 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150˚C, Fan 130˚C, 300°F, Gas 2.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the base from the oven and increase the temperature to 180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 6.
Cheese and Tomato Topping
- Slice the tomatoes and grate the cheese.
- Measure the tomato purée into a bowl.
- Add the water, oil, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and brown sugar and stir until combined.
- Spread evenly over the pizza base.
- Lay the sliced tomatoes over the tomato purée.
- Scatter the cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
150˚C, Fan 130˚C, 300°F, Gas 2 for 10 minutes
then 180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4 for 15 minutes