Quick Einkorn Bread
About this recipe:
This easy recipe makes a rustic loaf with a dense crumb and intense flavour in a surprisingly short time. Avoid too much kneading of the dough, both for speed and because it can easily become sticky.
1kg/2lb bread tin and 2 x mixing bowls
500g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Einkorn Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
oil, for tin
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 1kg/2lb bread tin.
- Put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt into a large bowl and blend them together.
- Add the water and stir everything into a slightly sticky, doughy mass. Avoid kneading or adding flour.
- Transfer the sticky dough to the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Invert a mixing bowl over the tin and leave it in a warm place to rise for 55-60 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven 20 minutes before you are going to bake.
- Remove the bowl and bake for 40–45 minutes.
- Turn the bread out of the tin, tap the base and if it sounds hollow the bread is cooked.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.