Wholemeal Nutty Chocolate Chip Cookies
About this recipe:
There is something special about the combination of chocolate chips and chopped nuts baked into a cookie. The wheaty flavour of fine wholemeal flour adds a further dimension to these super cookies.
2 x baking trays and 2 x mixing bowls
50g Doves Farm Organic Fine Plain Wholemeal Flour
½ tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
1 egg yolk
½ tsp vanilla extract
50g dark chocolate chips
25g chopped mixed nuts
oil, for baking trays
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a two baking trays or insert a baking liner.
- Chop the butter into small cubes.
- Measure the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Put the butter cubes and sugar into another bowl and beat them together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sieve the flour into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and mixed nuts.
- Divide the mixture into ten small piles of dough.
- Roll each pile of dough into a ball.
- Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to expand.
- Flatten the dough balls slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.