Brown Rice Flour Mushroom Sauce
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Packed with whole grain and mushroom flavour, this delicious creamy sauce could provide the ideal accompaniment to a wide range of dishes. To make a vegan mushroom sauce use oil for cooking the mushrooms and any plant-based milk.
saucepan, 2 x mixing bowls and stick blender
2 tbsp Doves Farm Organic Brown Rice Flour
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
- Finely dice the mushrooms into a saucepan.
- Add the butter and put the pan over a gentle heat.
- When the butter has melted shake the pan, cover and cook until the mushrooms have collapsed.
- Tip the mushrooms into a bowl and set aside.
- Put the milk into the saucepan and heat until almost boiling.
- Measure the flour and oil into a mixing bowl and mix into a smooth paste.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the milk onto the paste whilst stirring.
- Return everything to the saucepan.
- Continue cooking over a gentle heat, stirring as the sauce thickens.
- Simmer gently for 2 minutes for the flour to cook.
- Add the prepared mushrooms.
- Using a stick blender, pulse the sauce until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce into a jug to serve.