Gluten Free Mini Christmas Puddings
FREEE White Bread Flour
orange, rind and juice
lemon, rind and juice
whisky or fruit juice
- Put the flour, sugar, suet and spice into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the raisins, sultanas, currants and mixed peel, grate the orange and lemon rind into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Squeeze the lemon and orange juice into a saucepan, add the treacle and heat gently, stirring until combined then pour this into the mixing bowl.
- Break the egg into a bowl, add the whisky (or fruit juice) and beat together. Pour into the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Cover and leave the mixture to stand for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut 12 circles of parchment to fit the top diameter of each dish or basin and 6 squares of cling film 10cm/4” bigger than the top diameter.
- Rub oil around the inside of 6 ramekin dishes or mini pudding basins (non-metallic if microwaving later).
- Divide the mixture between the mini pudding basins so they are three-quarters full and smooth the top.
- Cover the top of each pudding with two circles of the prepared paper.
To Cook Mini Puddings in a Microwave
- Loosely cover the puddings with a piece of cling film.
- Microwave on medium-high (600 watts) for 3 minutes, leave to stand for 1 minute and cook for a further 3 minutes
- Leave the puddings to cool, remove the film, cover tightly with tin foil and store in a cool dark place for up to two months.
To Re-Heat Mini Puddings in a Microwave
- Remove the tinfoil and replace the parchment layer if it looks mouldy.
- Cover the pudding loosely with cling film.
- Microwave on full power for 1 minute, leave to stand for 1 minute then turn out the puddings onto a warm plate and serve.
To Boil Mini Christmas puddings
- Stand the puddings in the bottom of a large pan and add boiling water until it comes halfway up the pudding basins.
- Put the lid on the pan and simmer gently for 60 minutes.
- Lift the lid occasionally and add more boiling water to keep the level half way up the pudding basins.
- Leave the puddings to cool in the water then remove and store them in a cool dark place for up to two months.
To Re-heat the Puddings by Boiling
- Remove the tin foil and replace the parchment layer if it looks mouldy.
- Once again stand the puddings in the bottom of a large pan and add boiling water until it comes halfway up the pudding basins.
- Put the lid on the pan and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Remove the puddings and turn them out onto a warm plate and serve.
Makes 6 mini puddings
6x140ml/¼pt mini pudding basins, parchment, tin foil and cling film if microwaving, saucepan or frying pan with lid.
Microwave; Medium power 600 watts for 6 minutes + Full power 800w for 1 minute
Boiling; 60 minutes + 30 minutes
Free from Gluten, Soya, Wheat, Dairy, Nuts