Malthouse Bread Rolls
About this recipe:
Fresh home baked rolls can turn a simple soup into a special meal, make a lunchbox that bit special and will add a personal touch to any kind of entertaining.
large baking tray and mixing bowls
500g Doves Farm Organic Malthouse Bread Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
1 tsp sugar
325ml tepid water
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
oil, for tray
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
- Put the flour, yeast and sugar into a large bowl and blend them together.
- Pour in the water and stir until everything looks craggy and lumpy, then stir in the salt.
- Stir in the oil
- Using your hands, gather everything together into a doughy mass.
- Knead the dough in the bowl, or on a work surface, for 100 presses. Dust lightly with flour if needed.
- Cover the dough bowl with an upturned bowl and leave it in a warm place for the dough to double in size, which will take about an hour.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a baking tray.
- Knead the dough for another 50 presses.
- Cut the dough into 16 equal pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Transfer the dough balls to the prepared baking tray and cover loosely with a clean tea towel. Leave them to rise in a warm place for 25-30 minutes to double in size.
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Remove the tea towel and bake for 12–18 minutes.
- Transfer the rolls to a wire rack and leave to cool.