Ginger Oat Biscuit Base
- Rub some butter around the inside of a 7”/18cm round dish or loose-bottomed tin and pre-heat the oven.
- Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs in a bag or food processor and tip them into mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter, stir in the crushed biscuit crumb and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the prepared dish.
Lemon and Ginger Cheesecake
- Make a teaspoon of lemon zest strips, cover and set aside for the topping.
- Finely grate a tablespoon of lemon zest into a mixing bowl.
- Finely grate a teaspoon of ginger into the bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, crème fraîche, sugar, lemon juice and egg, and whisk together.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin before turning out.
- Chill and decorate the top with the prepared lemon zest before serving.
7”/18cm round dish or loose bottomed tin, large mixing bowl, zester, grater and whisk