How To Use Potato Flour
How to Thicken Stews and Gravies with Potato Flour
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of potato flour with 2-3 tablespoons of cold milk or water to make a paste.
- Remove the hot item from the heat source.
- Stir about a cup of warm liquid into the potato flour paste.
- Immediately pour everything into the hot item stirring well.
- Return the hot item to the heat, allow to boil and stir as it thickens.
How to Make Sauces using Potato Flour such as Vegan Mushroom Sauce
- Mix 3-4 teaspoons of the flour with 3-4 tablespoons of cold liquid taken from a total quantity of 500/600ml.
- Bring the liquid to the boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the potato flour paste.
- Return to a gentle heat and stir as it thickens.
- Take care not to over boil.
How to Use Potato Flour in Baking
Free from Gluten, Egg, Soya, Wheat, Nuts
Vegetarian, Without crystal sugar
For smooth gelatinous gravies and sauces, Potato Flour is the ideal thickener. Sometimes known as fécule.
Potato Flour is a starchy flour made from potatoes.
Sauces can also be made with Cornflour, Tapioca Flour and Xanthan Gum.