How to Make Mincemeat
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
Making your own Christmas mincemeat is really quite easy, especially if you use ready mixed dried fruit and peel. Alternatively, you could mix your own personal dried fruit blend with anything larger than a raisin chopped into small pieces.
saucepan and sterilized jars if used
150g grated apple
1 tbsp orange rind
6 tbsp orange juice
100g coconut oil
50g brown sugar
250g mixed dried fruit and peel
2 tsp mixed spice
- Peel, core and coarsely grate the apple into a saucepan.
- Finely grate the orange rind into the pan, and add the orange juice.
- Add the coconut oil and sugar and put the pan over a gentle heat.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes, until the apple starts to collapse into the syrup.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the mixed dried fruit, peel and mixed spice.
- Stir to combine and leave to cool.
- Spoon the mincemeat into sterilized jars and refrigerate for up to a couple of weeks. OR store in a freezer container until required.
- Use the mincemeat as per your recipe.