Gluten Free Pasta Dough
- Put the flour, salt and Xanthan Gum into a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Sieve into another mixing bowl.
- Make a depression in the middle of the flour.
- Break the egg into the middle and beat together, allowing a little flour to be incorporated each time you stir.
- Continue stirring as the flour mixes in, eventually forming a dough.
- Cover and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Cut it into 4 pieces and roll each into a smooth ball.
- Dust the pasta machine and the table liberally with flour.
- Flatten each piece of dough and pass it through the widest, flat roller of a pasta machine to make a rectangle.
- Fold the dough in half and pass it though the roller two more times.
- Decrease the roller width a couple of notches and pass each rectangle through a couple of times to help it hold together. If the dough seems sticky dust with flour.
- Continue reducing the roller width, rolling each rectangle thinner until it is 1mm/1/32” thick.
- Use the pasta sheets in a lasagne or pass them through the tagliatelle cutter.
- Lay the tagliatelle out or hang it over the edge of a tall saucepan, for an hour to dry.
- Uncooked pasta can be chilled for up to 24 hours before using.
To Cook Gluten Free Tagliatelle
- Put the water and salt into a large saucepan and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Add the pasta and stir to ensure it is free flowing.
- Cook for 3-8 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the pasta.
- Drain the pasta and sprinkle with a little olive oil.