- Measure the milk into a jug then pour it into a saucepan leaving 100ml milk in the jug.
- Add the cornflour to the jug and stir to make a smooth paste.
- Heat the milk in the saucepan over a medium heat.
- Just before the milk boils, remove the pan from the heat and stir half into the prepared cornflour mixture.
- Immediately pour everything back into the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring as the milk bubbles and thickens into a smooth, light sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the grated cheese, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Put the cooked spinach into a mixing bowl.
- Add the ricotta, parmesan and nutmeg, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Three Cheese Spinach Lasagne
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter generously around the inside of a 2lt/4pt oven dish.
- Divide the dry pasta into three piles.
- Spread one pile of lasagne over the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon half of the spinach filling into the dish, spreading it out over the dry pasta.
- Pour a third of the cheese sauce evenly over the spinach.
- Lay the second pile of lasagne over the cheese sauce.
- Tip the remaining spinach onto the pasta and spread it out to the edges.
- Pour another third of the cheese sauce evenly over the spinach.
- Spread out the final pile of lasagne over this layer.
- Pour on the remaining cheese sauce and spreading it to cover all of the pasta.
- Scatter the pine nuts over the top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4