Pancakes are traditionally served on Shrove Tuesday. One of our most popular recipes, it is unlikely that anyone will notice that these great pancakes are gluten free. As there is an increasing need for recipes free not only from gluten but other allergens, try our suggested ingredient swops if you would like to make gluten free pancakes also free from dairy and/or eggs. Serve warm with lemon juice and sugar. What a treat!
|200 g||Plain Flour Free From Gluten|
|2 ||Eggs (or 1tbsp chickpea flour + 2tbsp water)|
|500 ml||Milk (or Vegan Milk)|
1. Put the flour, egg (if using swops add the chickpea flour + water) and half the milk into a bowl. Beat to a smooth paste then stir in the remaining milk to make a thin batter. Refrigerate the batter for at least an hour or up to 12 hours.
2. Put a little oil into a frying pan, roll it around to cover the surface and heat until almost smoking.
3. Stir the batter, spoon some into the pan and roll it out to the edges.
4. Cook until the base is golden then turn it over and cook the other side.
5. Repeat until the batter is used. Serve with sweet or savoury fillings.
Temperature & cooking time:
Without Gluten, Without Nuts, Without Soya.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.