- Pre-heat the oven and stand the paper fairy or mini cakes cases in the holes of mini cake trays.
- Put the sponge mix into a mixing bowl.
- Break the eggs into the bowl, add the oil and beat everything together until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared cake cases.
- Bake Fairy for 12-15 minutes until just golden and the sponge springs back when touched.
- Transfer the cakes to a wire rack and leave to cool.
Cocoa Water Icing
125g icing sugar
1 tbsp cocoa
7 tsp water
- Mix icing sugar and water to make a thick paste and drizzle over the cake tops
75g icing sugar
75g 150g butter
- Sieve together icing sugar and cocoa, add water to make a thick paste and drizzle over the cake tops.
Jam and Coconut
- Spread jam over the cake tops and sprinkle with desiccated coconut
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4