Mini Fairy Cakes
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Stand the mini cakes cases in the holes of mini cake trays.
- Put the sponge mix into a mixing bowl.
- Break the eggs into the bowl, add the oil and beat everything together until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared cake cases.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until just golden and the sponge springs back when touched.
- Transfer the cakes to a wire rack and leave to cool.
Cake Topping Ideas
Cocoa Water Icing
125g icing sugar
1 tbsp cocoa
7 tsp water
- Mix the icing sugar and cocoa together in a bowl.
- Add the water, stirring to make an icing paste.
- Drizzle or spread the icing over the cakes.
Cocoa Buttercream Icing
75g icing sugar
- Sieve together the icing sugar and cocoa.
- Add the butter and mix until smooth. If the buttercream feels very stiff mix in a drop or two of milk.
Jam and Coconut
3 tbsp desiccated coconut
4 tbsp jam
- Measure the desiccated coconut into a bowl.
- Spread jam over the top of each cake.
- Dip the top of the cake into the desiccated coconut then transfer it to a plate.
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4