Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes
- Melt the butter.
- Put the flour, baking powder and icing sugar into a large bowl or jug and stir to combine.
- Break the eggs into the bowl add half the milk (150ml) and beat to a smooth paste.
- Stir in the remaining milk to make a thin batter. Refrigerate the batter for up to 12 hours – otherwise it’s ready to go.
- Lightly oil a frying pan so that the oil just covers the surface and the pan is nice and hot.
- Stir the melted butter into the batter.
- Spoon or pour some batter into the hot pan, rolling it out to the edges.
- Cook the pancake on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, loosening the edges, until the base is golden.
- Turn it over and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the pancake to a plate.
- Repeat until the batter is used.
Banana and Chocolate Pancakes
- Slice the banana thinly.
- Smear a teaspoon of chocolate hazelnut spread across the diameter of each pancake.
- Lay a few slices banana over the top.
- Roll up the pancakes and serve.