Chocolate Chip Fairy Cakes
- Pre-heat the oven and stand the cake cases in the holes of the tart trays.
- Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs (or chickpea flour + water) one at a time.
- Sieve the flour into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir in the milk.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared cake cases.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes.
- Transfer the cakes onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Sieve the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Put the butter into another bowl and beat until soft.
- Add the prepared sugar, a little at a time, stirring to make a smooth icing.
- Divide the icing between the cold cakes and spread it out.
- Pop a few chocolate chips on the top of each fairy cake.
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6.