Put a contemporary twist on an ancient recipe by making our delicious American style Blueberry & Buckwheat Pancakes. Buckwheat, the little known super grain, dates back thousands of years but has recently been gaining a more mainstream audience. This recipe will make four American style pancakes that are delicious served with any kind of syrup and cream.
|75 g||Buckwheat Flour Free From Gluten|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder Free From Gluten|
|1 ||Agave, Maple or Golden Syrup|
1. Mix the flour and baking powder in a jug.
2. Beat in the egg (if using swops add the chickpea flour + water) and milk. Stir in the berries.
3. Put a little oil into a frying pan, roll it around to cover the surface and heat until almost smoking.
4. Pour the mixture into the pan to make four pancakes and cook on medium heat.
5. When bubbles appear on the surface and the base is golden turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
6. Serve warm with syrup.
*¾tbsp chickpea flour + 1½tbsp water
** vegan milk
Temperature & cooking time:
Without Gluten, Without Nuts, Without Soya, Vegetarian, Without Wheat, Wholegrain.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.