How to Make Pancakes with Homemade Flour
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this recipe.
About this recipe:
If there is no flour in your cupboard your but you crave pancakes then why not try making some of your own flour? See the instruction of how to make flour at home and use it to make these emergency pancakes.
large frying pan and measuring jug
1 egg, large
1 tbsp oil
100g homemade flour
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
oil, for pan
syrup, to serve
- Break the egg into the jug, add the milk and oil and beat to a smooth, thick batter.
- Measure the flour, icing sugar and baking powder into a bowl, stir to combine then tip this into the jug.
- Lightly oil a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Stir the batter and if it seems overly thick add a little more milk.
- Pour some batter into the pan to make 10cm/4” circles.
- Cook over a medium heat until some bubbles appear on the surface, it appears to be set and the base is golden.
- Turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with syrup.