About this recipe:
Einkorn adds good flavour to these rustic bread wraps which are easy to make. They are a great accompaniment to soup, stew and curry, or filled and folded for a quick lunch or supper. Any leftover flat breads will freeze well.
large frying pan or griddle, mixing bowl and kitchen foil
350g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Einkorn Flour
pinch of salt
300ml boiling water
2 tbsp olive oil
25g butter – melted
flour, for dusting
- Put the flour and salt into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the boiling water and oil and stir into a doughy mass.
- Cover and leave for 15 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Set a skillet, heavy frying pan or griddle to get very hot.
- Melt the butter.
- Dust the work surface, rolling pin and dough with flour.
- Cut the dough into 6 pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Roll each dough ball into a 20cm/8” circle.
- Transfer a dough circle to the hot surface and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- When the base is golden brown with toasted patches, turn it over and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Lift the flatbread onto a plate and brush both sides with melted butter.
- Wrap in kitchen foil and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Repeat with the remaining dough circles.