Wholemeal Einkorn Snack Crackers
About this recipe:
Homemade snack crackers made with Wholemeal Einkorn Flour are full of natural flavour and a great alternative to shop bought snacks.
large baking tray and mixing bowl
250g Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Einkorn Flour
2 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp black onion seeds
¾ tsp salt
1 tbsp lime zest, grated
6 tbsp olive oil
oil, for tray
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a large baking tray or insert a baking liner.
- Measure the flour, ground cumin, black onion seeds and salt into a bowl.
- Finely grate the lime into the bowl and blend everything together.
- Add the oil and stir until everything starts to resemble lumpy breadcrumbs.
- Pour in the water and stir to form a mass of dough.
- Using your hands press the dough into a soft smooth doughy ball.
- Lightly dust the work surface with flour, put the dough in the middle and dust it with flour.
- Roll out the dough to a 1.5mm/1/16” thickness.
- Using a knife, cut the dough into triangles.
- Transfer the triangles onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow the crackers to cool completely before storing in an airtight tin.